Monday, January 16, 2012

Dallas!

When I was working for an automation vendor ten years ago, I would always ask for libraries in Dallas. I loved that, thanks to direct flights and efficient freeways, I could be anywhere in the metroplex a few hours after I left my house. Then I really ramped up the Texas travel in 2005, when I began Ph.D. coursework and went to Denton a dozen times in one year.

I'll be going back to Dallas again this week for the ALA Midwinter Meeting. I attended Council orientation this summer, but this will begin my actual term with that. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that I might be able to attend the Youth Media Awards for the live announcement of the Newbery and all the other awards as well. I've had committee meetings on Monday mornings the last couple of years.

Unfortunate governors aside, there is something I really like about Texas, and I am really looking forward to this conference. Any excuse to wear cowboy boots...

No comments:

Post a Comment