Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Get festive!

It's the season for book festivals...



Labor Day weekend, the National Book Festival will be held, not on the National Mall as is traditional, but at the Convention Center. I'm curious to know how that goes. My can't-miss authors include: Raina Telgemeir, Jacqueline Woodson, Bryan Collier, Gene Luen Yang, Rita Williams-Garcia, Jack Gantos and Kate DiCamillo.



That same weekend, the AJC-Decatur Book Festival will transform the very walkable downtown of suburban Decatur. They've got Pat Conroy (who I'm just realizing I've never seen speak...), Emily Giffin, and Lev Grossman.

I have to go to visit in-laws over Labor Day, and we have another tripped plan for our fall break, so I won't make the Southern Festival of Books this time, either -- going last year was my first time, and a real treat. It doesn't look like they have their author list up yet, but it's October 10-12, in downtown Nashville on the Warm Memorial Plaza.



While I won't make these three of my favorites this year, it makes me happy just to know they're going on...bookish people, talking about books, together.

No comments:

Post a Comment